Expect to find simple and contemporary food, made with extraordinarily grown and prepared ingredients. We are driven by the seasons and inspired by our specialist Cornish growers, farmers and fishermen. Our menus cater for all tastes, using fresh and flavourful produce to create rustic lunches, indulgent treats, healthy dishes and more. We’re sure you’ll enjoy dining in the Wild Café from breakfast until dinner.
We regret to inform you that due to Covid-19, our restaurants are currently only open to our in-house guests. Good news though, from November 1st we will be opening our doors to non-residents for lunch, dinner, and our traditional Sunday roast.
Served 7.30 – 10am. Each day, we serve a selection of the items below.
– Cinnamon roll, homemade croissant and pain au raisin, sourdough toast with local butter and handmade jam, granola and natural yoghurt, fresh, feel-good smoothies
– Hot dishes such as roast mushroom, farmhouse sausage, fried egg and crispy bacon, or American style fluffy pancakes with dark maple syrup
– Vegan options including coconut yoghurt, honey and thyme poached apricots, or roast heritage tomato, braised white beans and vegan chorizo with garlic mushrooms and toast
– Children’s extras such as chocolate and banana muffins, seasonal fruit salad and cereals
Plus our picnic breakfast to take with you: Cornish apple juice, homemade granola, natural or coconut yogurt, seasonal fruit, cured west country bacon roll or garlic and herb mushroom roll, croissant
Served 12.30 – 2.30pm
Choose from our deli, with a daily changing menu:
– Freshly baked breads such as sourdough and focaccia, filled sandwiches and hot toasties, homemade quiches, homemade soup and hummus
– Seasonal salads, add your own dressings, seeds and chutneys
– Bigger dishes such as grilled market fish or grass-fed burger with Davidstow cheddar and fries
– Delicious sweet treats: chocolate brownies, raspberry and almond tarts, homemade cake of the day and scones with strawberry jam and Cornish clotted cream
If you fancy venturing out of the hotel, we can also pick a packed lunch for you to enjoy al fresco – just ask.
Served 4.30 – 9.30pm
Our everyday menu offers a wide range of dishes where our ingredients sourced from ground, sea and farm, really shine. Enjoy a taste of Cornwall with local fish or try the delicious flavour combinations in our vegan dishes. The choice is yours on whether you delight in just a light bite from our selection of small plates, or indulge in a three-course meal. Think Phillip Warren rib-eye steak, fries, slow cooked tomatoes and peppercorn sauce, to Indonesian curry of summer squash and spinach, crispy shallots and coriander with wild rice, from our vegan menu.
From 1st November
12 – 3pm every Sunday
£22.50 for two courses, £26.00 for three courses
Please call 01637 861212 to book in advance.
Some news: Just in time for the Cornish winter, the Wild Cafe is re-opening its doors to locals for Sunday Lunch. Nothing’s better on these nippier days than heaped, hot plates of filling traditional fare. A proper roast served with a choice between fine cuts of meat or a vegan-friendly nut roast. Here’s our sample menu to give you a taste of what we like cooking:
– Starters such as wintry celeriac soups, Cornish duck terrine (served with toast and chutney) and smoked salmon with potato pancakes
– Cuts of meat for the table such as Phillip Warren West Country Beef or Gloucester Old Spot pork loin. Meat-free options include a vegan heritage beetroot and wild mushroom wellington
– The vegetables and sides you’re wanting: Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, Davidstow Cheddar cauliflower cheese, glazed carrots and Courgette Provençal
– Traditional desserts like bread and butter pudding with vanilla custard or homemade apple and rhubarb crumble with clotted cream. A third option might be something lighter, like a passion fruit and mango pavlova
From 30th November to 23rd December
These nippier days were made for heaped, hot plates of filling Cornish fare. A winter’s quiet beach walk, followed by a seasonally-inspired lunch or dinner at the Wild Café.
Join us for a three-course lunch or dinner from £32 per person*. If your table is in the mood for turkey, please let us know when booking.
If you wish to book between 12-2.30pm on a Sunday, lunch will be from our Sunday Roast menu.
All tables must be booked in advance with a maximum of six diners per table. Please call 01637 861212 to book in advance.
*Additional supplement applies when ordering steak
We have plenty of tasty and nutritious options for our youngest diners during breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If you would like something to eat outside of the set times, we serve light snacks in our lounges, bar and terrace throughout the day.
The Wild Café is dog-friendly but please do let us know if you would like to bring your four-legged friend along, so we can allocate you a table where your dog can relax whilst you dine.
You may prefer to dine in our Herring restaurant, which you can read about here.
We regret to inform you that due to Covid-19, our restaurants are currently only open to our in-house guests. However, from November 1st, we are opening our doors to locals for Sunday Lunch. From November 30th, we plan to be welcoming non-guests for lunch and dinner too.