Our plan to keep you safe
Your time at Bedruthan will be as normal as we can possibly make it; however, our highest priority is the safety and well-being of both our guests, teams and local community. We will be continuing to keep certain measures in place to do our part to help control the spread of the virus for the foreseeable future.
- We will continue to encourage you to maintain social distancing where possible, including queuing in line with our floor markers
- Face coverings for both guests and teams are a personal choice, however we are strongly advising facemasks continue to be worn, especially when walking through the hotel
- Hand sanitiser will still be found around the corridors (please use as often as you like)
- The rule of six will be relaxed; however, tables may still be limited to enable us to manage peak times
- All communal areas will be fully open and bars no longer restricted to table service
- QR codes for NHS Track & Trace check-ins will be available throughout the hotel for guests that wish to use the app
- And of course, we’re deeply cleaning rooms between guests—opening the windows and letting the sea breeze blow through
We’ll be entirely honest: sometimes, these new measures mean we can’t always provide the seamless service we’d like. But we think it’s much easier to relax when you are entirely confident in your personal safety. A few extra steps are worth it for protection and peace of mind.
Though Cornwall may seem far removed from the world’s worries, Covid-19 measures are still in effect here. Our local, rural health systems are fragile—thank you for helping us to protect them by following the current guidance.
We do ask that if you have tested positive or someone you have been in close contact with has tested positive, you delay your visit to Bedruthan and contact our team on [email protected] to rearrange your stay.
It’s our duty to protect the safety of everyone here. We will not tolerate any unsafe behaviour or unfair pressuring of our team. Please remember we’re all working through this situation together and we may need to alter our services if team members become unavailable.