Walking Breaks in Cornwall
Unlock the secrets of the Cornish coastline during a four-night trip of exploration. Wake up to a locally-sourced breakfast, then step into the crisp Atlantic air and walk with a true local expert. Return for a dinner inspired by the Cornish landscape – before watching the dramatic sunset from an outdoor hot tub or our sea-view sauna. Why not make a break of it? Our next walking break is September 25th.
Walk on the Wild Side (25th – 29th of September)
We have a special four night break that includes three walks. Check in with us on Monday 25th September and get settled into your room before heading down and enjoying dinner in our Wild Cafe. The following morning, wake up and have a Cracking Cornish Breakfast to get you ready for the day ahead, our restaurant team will make sure you have a packed lunch before heading out on your first walk. Arrive back at the hotel in time to relax and unwind in our Sensory Spa Garden just before dinner. The next morning, you’ll be heading out on a different walk with Steve taking in all the signs and sounds along the way, and of course, we’ll provide you with another packed lunch. On the third day, Steve will take you to the final walking location, you’ll be back in time to get that last bit of relaxation in and then sit down to enjoy your final dinner. A Cracking Cornish Breakfast will be provided on the Friday before check out at 10:30…
Four night break includes:
- Dinner each night in our Wild Cafe or dine in The Herring for an additional £5 per person, per night.
- Use of spa garden (lite) each evening*
- Three walks (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)**
- Packed lunch each day
*Lite use of spa garden does not include use of scrubs, etc and is not hosted. Just includes use of sauna, showers, hot tubs…
** Some of the walks are weather permitting so the locations might be changed to suit the conditions.
Prices from £640 per person in a non-seaview single room or £442 per person based on two people sharing a non-seaview double room. Prices include a four night stay, breakfast each morning, dinner each night, use of spa garden each evening, three guided walks and packed lunch each day.
To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgCall us
Steve is one of the most knowledgeable conservationists around with over thirty years of experience. He’s an award-winning environmentalist who’s established many of the region’s nature reserves. He’s known for being passionate and engaging, enthusiastic to share his insights into the stunning Cornish landscape he’s worked to protect.
Not only will Steve’s vast local knowledge mean you’ll visit the most dramatic spots for looking out onto the ocean, but the history that’s written on the Cornish countryside will also be unearthed before you. Let Steve guide you to abandoned tin mines and iconic Celtic monuments, as you visit locations such as the legendary Bodmin Moor.
Perhaps it’s all best summed up like this: Steve isn’t a man who needs guidebooks. He’s the man who writes them.
Ready to set out? Here’s your checklist:
- No specialist gear is required, though you’ll need a sturdy pair of walking shoes. If you don’t have a good waterproof coat, these can be provided.
- Although temperatures in September are usually good in Cornwall, we recommend you bring some layers just in case. On particularly cold days, Steve recommends bringing a hat and a pair of gloves – whereas in hotter weather, we’d suggest some sun cream, a cap and a pair of sunglasses.
- We provide a packed lunch to eat while you’re in the field, but you’ll also need snacks and plenty of water.