Given the new situation, we’ve had to reconsider the things we do with a renewed focus on everyone’s safety. We’re taking care to protect our guests, our team and our Cornish community.
We want to be honest: some things are different. We concluded that it’s much easier to relax when you are entirely confident in your personal safety. At the same time, while some things have changed, the most important things have remained the same. The sand on Mawgan Porth’s beach is still soft. The cool breeze keeps blowing inland from the shore. Those late-September, early-October sunsets are just as beautiful as they’ve always been. And as ever, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel.
As government guidelines keep altering, we’ll be changing our practices to follow the newest advice. Please check this page again closer to your stay.
See you soon on the Cornish clifftops,
Please read about our changes
- If you’re about to stay at Bedruthan and you’ve began showing symptoms—or if you’ve been asked to self-isolate—please call us. The best thing for you to do is stay home. We’ll simply rebook your stay for another time. If you need reminding of Covid-19 symptoms, the NHS keeps an updated list.
- As your trip away draws nearer, please keep an eye on your email inbox and look out for telephone calls with a Mawgan Porth dialing code (01637). We’ll call you before your stay to answer any questions you may have about Covid-19 and Bedruthan. In the case that circumstances suddenly change, our team will reach you and give an update.
- P.S. When you pack your suitcase, don’t forget face masks.
- Please note: check in is now a little later at 4pm. This change is to give our housekeeping team extra time to prepare rooms. They’re also opening the windows and letting the sea breeze blow through.
- We have new reception desks, found directly next to the front door, that are fitted with plastic screens for everyone’s protection.
- Let’s keep each other safe. Please enter the hotel wearing a face mask.
- Following the introduction of England’s contact tracing app, we have placed a check-in NHS QR codes around Bedruthan. Please consider downloading the app to support the NHS’s efforts at reducing infection levels. The NHS Covid-19 app is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Those new basics of looking after each other hold true at Bedruthan. As per government guidelines, a face mask needs to be worn around the hotel’s communal areas and corridors. In our lounges, you can remove your mask after you’ve found somewhere socially-distanced to sit.
- Please keep two metres social distance from other groups as you move around the hotel. Rule of six guidance also means social gatherings, indoors and out, need to be kept to fewer than six people.
- There’s plenty of hand sanitiser located around the hotel. Please feel free to use it often.
- To help with distancing, a one-way system is in place that guides you around the bar and Ballroom.
- Between guests, our housekeeping team are giving rooms a thorough clean. The windows are opened to let the Atlantic air blow through too.
- If you’d prefer not to have any housekeeping during your stay, just let us know when you arrive. You can always ask at reception for fresh towels and other supplies when you need them.
- To keep distance between everyone, we’re only cleaning rooms when we’re sure that you’re out. We’ll leave a note on the door while we’re in your room. For everyone’s protection, we also aren’t touching any personal belongings: please store them away if you’d like your room cleaned.
Our restaurants and bar are currently only open to hotel guests. We’re sorry about this. We’ll open up fully when we feel like it’s the right thing to do.
The Wild Café and the Herring
- To keep things socially distanced, we’ve spread apart the tables to give everyone plenty of space.
- As we are running at reduced capacity, all tables at our restaurants now need to be reserved. This includes breakfast. Once you’ve booked your stay with us, please book your preferred breakfast timings here and dinner here.
- We’ve stopped our old breakfast buffet and replaced it with a new table service breakfast. We have a new menu of bakery-oven pastries and freshly-cooked dishes. We have a picnic basket breakfast too. This second option is for those who prefer longer, lounging kind of breakfasts. The basket can be dropped off to your room at 8am.
- The Wild Café is serving lunch. If it fits your plans better, you can swap a day’s dinner reservation for lunch.
- Following new 10pm restrictions, we have changed how we are serving dinner. We now beginning serving dinner at the Wild Café from 4.30pm, in the Herring from 5pm. Our restaurant hosts will be seating the last table at 8.30pm. Hopefully, that’ll give everyone plenty of time to leisurely finish their suppers. As the guidelines state that we must have empty restaurants by 10pm, it may sometimes be better for us to deliver dessert to your room. If you prefer to eat late, our kitchen will happily send something to you by room service. These new guidelines may mean we need to alter your existing dinner reservations.
- Currently, we’re only sitting tables of six people or fewer (following rule of six guidance).
- We’re looking after our team too. We’ve slightly simplified our menus to help our chefs keep distanced. However, our kitchens are still driven to serve dishes with the quality of Cornish produce at their heart.
- With the new Covid-19 measures, food may also take a little longer to reach you. We’re sorry this is the case, but we hope you understand. Off-menu requests may not always be possible at the moment.
Bedruthan’s terrace bar
- Bedruthan’s terrace bar is now table service only. Please take a seat (or a sofa), but we kindly ask that you don’t come and stand at the bar itself. Someone will soon ask if we can bring you anything.
- Table service around the hotel’s spaces must now end by 10pm. In line with the newest government guidance, all drink and food needs to be cleared away by 10pm. If you’re up late into the night — looking up into the dark Cornish sky — room service remains available. Our bar team are coming up with a new in-room, late-night drinks menu.
- We’re following Swim England guidance to keep our pools operating swimmingly. All of Bedruthan’s pools are currently open, though operating at a reduced capacity.
- Our large outdoor pool is open from 9am to 6pm. We’re keeping watch over numbers, though the capacity of this pool is generally large enough that this isn’t a problem.
- We’re managing our other pools with a booking system. Slots are booked once you’re here at Bedruthan. These pools includes the indoor pool, shallow outdoor pool and adults-only spa hydropool. So that everyone gets time in the water, we’re limiting how many times each family can book time in the pools. If your family is staying for four nights or fewer, you can book these swimming pools once. If staying for between five and seven nights, these swimming pools can be booked twice.
- Our changing rooms still need to remain closed. Please turn up dressed to swim!
- Following government guidelines, our spa hydropool is currently without bubbles. It’s still got incredible views over the never-ending Atlantic though.
Currently, Bedruthan Spa is only open to hotel guests.
- A selected treatment menu is now being offered. Shorter treatments haven’t made a return yet, but long and luxurious 45-minute and 60-minute massages are available. A face mask needs to be worn during treatment.
- Following government guidelines, Bedruthan’s caldarium, sauna, steam room and hammam need to remain closed a little while longer.
- An adapted Sensory Spa Garden experience is open. As the barrel sauna can’t be opened, we’re giving guests extra times in the garden hot tub with a free included glass of Prosecco. (The hot tub needs to remain bubble-free for the moment, though we’re quite enjoying this quiet time in the garden.)
- The garden is currently closed on Tuesday afternoons for a deep cleaning.
- Please reserve ahead of your stay. Booking restrictions apply.
- We’re running daily tai chi and yoga sessions led by tutors. Given the current situation, these are good moments of calm. On sunny Cornish days, we do this out in the sea air. If the weather’s not quite on our side, we’ve space indoors too. There’s a booking system in place so you know your spot in the class is reserved (slots are booked once you’re at Bedruthan). Booking limitations apply so everyone can try these out. Please bring your own mat if possible.
- Bedruthan’s tennis courts and gym are open. To ensure social distancing, we’re booking slots for both of these. Booking is handled once you’re at Bedruthan.
- Please note: check out is now at 10am. This is to give our team extra time to prepare rooms.
- We’re carefully following the government’s guidance on indoor events and wedding ceremonies. These measures include limiting our venue capacities to safe numbers, practicing social distancing during functions and wearing face masks when needed. We’re taking care when setting out seats and keeping rooms ventiliated with fresh Atlantic air.
- Plans may need to be altered, though your host will guide you through all changes. We can help you communicate these new requirements to your attendees.
- Given the government’s new restrictions, we will be limiting our weddings to 15 people in size. We’ll be focusing on smaller, more intimate ceremonies.
- It’s our duty to protect the safety of everyone here. We will not tolerate any unsafe behaviour or unfair pressuring of our team. Please remember we’re all working out this new situation together.
- Covid-19 continues to cause business uncertainty for us. We were unable to open for many months, with re-opening only being possible after extensive alterations. In response to these new pressures, the government recently reduced VAT for the hospitality industry. This announcement will help to cover the shortfall we’ve experienced because of Covid-19, allowing us to retain our current prices without increase. The VAT reduction will also help to sustain the business as the quieter winter months approach. Therefore, we are currently not offering discounted room rates.
- We’re committed to keeping everyone informed about our new practices. We’ll call you before your stay to talk through all these policies person-to-person.
- If you have any remaining questions about our Covid-19 practices, please contact us. Someone will write back as quickly as they can.
- If you’d like to talk to someone while at Bedruthan, any member of our team will happily speak to you.