Join us for an exciting open-air performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream by Quantum Theatre
- Performance times
- Saturday 23rd July at 3pm
- Meadow at Bedruthan
- Adults £16, Children £12 (under 2s go free)
Situated on our spectacular meadow at Bedruthan Hotel, overlooking the sea, our outdoor theatre performances have been encaptivating both children and grown-ups for years.
The Reluctant Dragon
Everyone knows St George has to do battle with the dragon, but what happens when the dragon simply won’t fight St George? Quantum Theatre presents Kenneth Grahame’s The Reluctant Dragon, an enchanting tale of a poetry-loving dragon and his friendship with a little boy who together hatch a cunning plan to NOT fight St George!
Bring your picnic blankets, chairs and sun cream (fingers crossed) and settle in for a classic love story amidst the backdrop of the crashing Atlantic waves.
Please note: There is no parking available on site. Please park at Mawgan Porth Beach car park (Sat Nav: TR8 4BA) and walk up to the hotel via the entrance on Tredragon Road, or along the coastal path. Drop off is possible, although please be aware that Tredragon Road is narrow and mainly residential.
Need to knows:
- Running time is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes including a short interval
- Should the performance be unable to take place due to bad weather, your ticket will be fully refunded.
- Make sure you bring a blanket or chair to sit on, weather-appropriate gear (fingers crossed for sunshine), and a picnic, as the tale could take some time to tell, and storytelling can be hungry work! Seating is not provided.
- The performance begins at 3pm and gates will be open from 1pm.
- Please bring a copy of your tickets with you.
- Although children under 2 go free, please add a ticket to the cart for them so we can ensure there is plenty of space of everyone.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- For any enquiries, please email [email protected]