Summer Holidays at Bedruthan
This summer take part in our fun activities – polish your circus skills, practice your downward dog or dress up as your favourite superhero. Explore the great outdoors – take to our wacky waterslides, follow our nature trailers and listen to stories whilst relaxing the sea. Get creative and crafty making everything from beach junk sculptures to glittery biscuits. All our activities are designed so all the family have a fun, creative time together. There’s even entertainment for the grown-ups!
Summer 2017 activities programme
8th July – 17th July
Roll up and join us for a full day of circus skills with shows from Coz the clown, Chloe the clown and Bill Wiz throughout the week. Dress up, get your face painted or even a glistening glitter tattoo then hop into our photo booth ready to say cheese.
15th July – 21st July
Get messy and creative with our workshops. Learn how to make jewellery, mini lanterns, sandcastle flags or try your hand at screening printing. Those with a sweet tooth can make their own ice cream dream with ice cream crafts or starfish biscuit decorating.
22nd July – 28th July
Keep the kids active this summer starting the day with wake and shake or a family yoga session. Hit the beach with our taster surf lessons and beach volleyball, get teddy moving with teddy tennis or go for gold with our summer olympics activites.
29th July – 4th August
Be entertained with a magical performance from In the Bellows, a performance of The Emperor’s New Clothes by Illyria Theatre, a circus show and stories with John Brolly. Get involved with Silent Disco Yoga, laser clay shooting and our sandcastle competition.
5th August – 11th August
Take the time create something for yourself or for a friend. Make and send your own postcard, try your hand at pottery, screen printing or sand art. Enjoy some time with nature by painting, potting and planting a seed and go exploring on one of our nature trails.
12th August – 18th August
Clown around with shows from Coz the clown and Chloe the clown or try some circus skills for yourself. Be entertained with a magical performance from In the Bellows, a performance of The Emperor’s New Clothes by Illyria Theatre and stories with John brolly.
19th August – 25th August
Enjoy a classic Punch and Judy show, be blown away with a magical performance from In the Bellow, learn about the Screech Owl Sanctuary and have a boogie at the childcare disco. Take part in some didgeridoo playing, crafts in nature or water games.
26th August – 3rd September
Make the most of your time by the sea. Get your face painted and hair braided then play some beach volleyball or try out a taster surf lesson. Help find the missing treasure chest, build a sandcastle and a flag to go with it, then have a splash down our wacky waterslide.
Get a custom quote
Just fill out the form below and our team will send you availability and pricing for your holiday.
All our summer breaks include:
– Free activity and entertainment program
– Two hours of free childcare each day so the grown-ups can relax*
– Access to all of our family-friendly facilities
– Unlimited time in our sea view spa
– Indoor and outdoor pools
– Chilcare and kids clubs
– Games rooms
– Indoor jungle tumble soft play
– Tennis court and football pitch
– Outdoor play areas for all ages
– Adult only relaxation spaces
– In-room baby listening devices
*Subject to availability
Why visit in the Summer Holidays?
- Whilst not always dependable, the weather is at its hottest! Which means the sea is too. It’s the perfect time to spend lazing about on the beach or sunbathing by our outdoor pools.
- As part of our activity program children can enjoy free surf lessons (now that the water is warm enough, but wet suits will also be provided!)
- There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy dinner alfresco – we’ll be creating pop-up foodie events throughout the summer, from barbecues and hog roasts, to mussel and cider evenings.
- There is so much to see and do at the hotel, with indoor and outdoor play areas, swimming pools, kids clubs, and our activity program, you don’t need to leave the hotel, so you can avoid the crowds.
- There are all sorts of summer festivals going on around Cornwall from National Marine Week where you get the chance to spot seals and dolphins, to Culdrose Air Day where you can watch the Navy’s flying force.
The Bedruthan would be lovely almost anywhere - but this is Mawgan Porth, so you have the beach on your doorstep and some of the most bewitching sunsets in England. It's almost perfect.Sunday Times, Ultimate 100 British Hotels
There are some hotels that are more like havens for new parents... The Bedruthan Hotel andKate Whiting, Evening Standard
Spa in Mawgan Porth, Cornwall, is one such place.
Have you ever been somewhere that makes you feel like you’ve stumbled across a really well-kept secret? Bedruthan Hotel and Spa in Cornwall’s Mawgan Porth is that place for me.Molly, Mother's Always Right
As soon as we arrived at Beduthan it was clear that it was going to be impossible not to relax. The views of the sea waves crashing together from most of the many windows inside the hotel make you feel instantly calm, but it's also the way the staff working at the hotel make you feel; they go out of their way to let you know that nothing is ever too much trouble.Alex Gladwell, Bump to Baby