Sugar & Spice Christmas Grotto 2017
Friday 1st to Sunday 24th December 2017
90 minutes of unforgettable festive magic
£15 per child (including entrance for one adult)
£4 per additional adult
£10 off peak tickets also available on selected dates
This year, as well as meeting Father Christmas and the Cornish Piskies, we are looking forward to introducing you to our Scandinavian friends, Tomte & Astrid. This Nordic gnome and his helpers have hitched a lift all the way from Norway to Cornwall on Father Christmas’ sleigh so they can spend the holidays with their cousins, the Cornish Piskies. They promised Father Christmas that, in return for their free ride, they’d help him add some Scandinavian flavour to Bedruthan’s Christmas Grotto along with some Tomte tomfoolery.
Heavy ‘snowfall’ is forecast for the Bedruthan Grotto again this year and there will be even more time to play in the snow with our new Snow Zone. Make snow angels and throw snowballs to get in the mood for Christmas and while you are here why not have a photo with Tomte. He may be a bit shy, but he loves a selfie and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get creative with the camera. Share your snaps online with the #BedruthanGrotto hashtag. If you want to learn more about Tomte, then you can sit and watch our fun film about what he gets up to in his natural habitat before you head to Sugar and Spice Grotto.
Wind your way to our Grotto under the guidance of Astrid through the snow-laden branches of our Winter Wood. All the way to the Grotto, you’ll enter a magical world, meet the Piskies and hunt for magic stars to power Father Christmas’ sleigh on its Christmas Eve journey around the globe. Once you’ve found all the stars, you can get crafty and create a beautiful name badge for yourself, as well as write down your special Christmas wish to hang on our magical wishing tree. It will then be time to pull up a toadstool for your special audience with Father Christmas. Finally, head back through the Winter Wood to our Christmas workshop where you can make your very own pottery decoration for your home.
For adults, there is a chance to sit and relax with a warm festive tipple while the children explore. You can also browse through the delights of our Christmas gift shop for some early (or late!) Christmas gifts. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in some family fun to get ready for the festive holidays.
Ticket and pricing information
- Peak sessions cost £15 per child. Please book online here.
- Ideal for schools, pre-schoolers and groups, our off-peak and concessionary tickets are available on Friday 1st, Wednesday 6th, Thursday 7th, Friday 8th, Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th, Friday 15th, Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th from 9am to 3pm at a reduced rate of £10 per child. Please book online here.
- Father Christmas will be at Bedruthan’s Sugar & Spice Christmas Grotto from Friday 1st to Sunday 24th December 2017. Tickets need to be booked in advance online.
- Once you’ve booked your ticket you will receive a confirmation via email – please bring this with you to the grotto, either as a print out or on your phone.
- The Grotto takes about one and a half hours to fully explore.
- Please accompany your children into the grotto; each children’s ticket includes entry for one adult. You can add a single extra adult to each ticket for £4, giving access to the grotto for one child and a total of two adults.
- The Christmas decorations will need to be fired in our kiln. They’ll be ready to collect 7 days after your Christmas grotto visit from the Christmas grotto entrance. Alternatively, we can post them to you for £2.95 for up two decorations at a time. Please note we can’t be held responsible for any breakages.
- Please note that you can bring any under one-year-olds with your older children free of charge, but they will not receive any gifts or take part in activities.
- Group bookings of 11 or more children, such as schools, can be accommodated during off-peak sessions (see below). If you are considering booking a group or wish to find out more, please email email@example.com
- To ensure all guests have an enjoyable experience at the Grotto, please arrive 15 minutes before your allotted time. Unfortunately, any missed time slots and latecomers, for any reason, will not be allowed entry.
- Please ensure you book the correct time slot and quantity of tickets. No exchanges or refunds will be given for any reason.