1st – 23rd December (View the full timetable below)
Rumours say that Father Christmas and Mrs Christmas have crash landed at Bedruthan this year while doing a test flight, after the near miss last year. The Cornish elves are working very hard to get the sleigh up and running for Christmas Eve. But right now we need your help because upon landing all of the children’s gifts have fallen into the snow-covered trees of the Bedruthan Sugar and Spice Grotto! It’s quite a journey to get there, so you’ll need lots of energy and magic…
Start your journey with our Nordic friends Tomte and Astrid, which some of you might remember from last year! They are a little bit naughty, love to take s’elfies, and love nothing more than a bit of Tomte tomfoolery! If you can tear yourself away from this fun you can follow Astrid into the lost forest and get closer to Father Christmas and his lost presents.
There are some creative little elves in the forest who love to reuse and recycle – they’d love to help you create a gift to take home to hang on your tree or to give to a friend.
A few kilometres from here you’ll find the mysterious and long forgotten ice caves that have been created by water flowing for thousands of years. Follow the labyrinth of caverns and ice formations where you can throw snowballs and make snow angels along the way.
Find an elf to give you the directions that you need to get to the Sugar and Spice Grotto where you will help Father Christmas and Mrs Christmas to search for presents that have fallen out of the sleigh – there may even be one for you. Whilst you are there, don’t forget to put your special wish on Mawgan, our magic wishing tree. You only get one wish, so make sure it’s a good one.
Good luck on your adventure and thank you for agreeing to help Father Christmas to make sure he is all ready for Christmas Eve!
Take a sneak peek at our magical grotto experience before you come along…
£15 – 1 child and 1 adult
£10 – Off-peak
£5 – Additional adult (2 additional adults max)
Saturday 1st December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Sunday 2nd December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Monday 3rd December 3pm-7pm
Tuesday 4th December 3pm-7pm
Wednesday 5th December 10am-7pm. 10am-1pm will be off-peak only. (No 1:30pm slot)
Thursday 6th December 3pm-7pm
Friday 7th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Saturday 8th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Sunday 9th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Monday 10th December 3pm-7pm
Tuesday 11th December 3pm-7pm
Wednesday 12th December 10am-7pm. 10am-1pm will be off-peak only. (No 1:30pm slot)
Thursday 13th December 3pm-7pm
Friday 14th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Saturday 15th 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Sunday 16th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Monday 17th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Tuesday 18th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Wednesday 19th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Thursday 20th December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Friday 21st December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Saturday 22nd December 10am-7pm (No 1:30pm slot)
Sunday 23rd December 10am-1pm
Slots are every 30 minutes and the grotto experience is approximately 60 minutes long.
Any enquires please contact our Grotto Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
What number would be classed as a group booking?
A group booking is 8 or more children and is ideal for schools, nurseries or a group of friends. To enquire about a group booking please contact our grotto team on email@example.com
We are a school, how should we book with you?
What a magical school outing you are planning! To enquire about a school booking please contact our grotto team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are your off-peak slots suitable for?
Our off-peak slots are perfect for pre-schoolers and those who would prefer a quieter experience or require additional care. Please contact our grotto team using email@example.com if you would like to discuss how we can assist you.
I’m a single parent with two children what do I need to book?
As you have two children you will need two of the ‘1 adult and 1 child’ tickets. Each ticket includes an adult one to accompany them if required, but only one responsible adult is needed for each booking.
What is your cancellation policy?
Unfortunately, we can’t make any cancellations, amendments or refunds, so please be sure to book the correct time slot and quantity of tickets when booking.
I have a five-year-old and a baby under one, what tickets do I need?
You need a ‘1 child and 1 adult’ ticket. Your under one year old can come in for free with the child you have paid for. It is worth noting, however, your under one year old won’t receive any gift or take part in the activities.
Will there be food and drinks available at the grotto experience?
Yes, we will have a variety of festive food and beverages available at the grotto experience. If you’d like to book a table in one of our restaurants we recommend booking in advance.
We are a family of four (two adults and two children), but the granny and grandad would like to come along as well. What is the best ticket option please?
The best option for you would be buying two ‘1 child and 1 adult’ tickets and two additional adults. You can’t let the grandparents miss out on the festivities!
I’m looking to stay on one of your festive breaks how do I book grotto tickets please?
If you are booking one of our festive packages with our lovely reservations team, they will book a grotto session for you. We look forward to having you stay with us and hope you enjoy your grotto experience!
If you have any other enquiries please contact our Grotto Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Please ensure that you book the correct time slot and quantity of tickets. We are sorry but no amendments or refunds will be given for any reason.
- Tickets are available to purchase until 23:59pm on the day before the session. Unfortunately, tickets will not be available on the day.
- All tickets must be purchased online, they cannot be purchased from the hotel in person.
- Any times not displayed for a particular day are either sold out or unavailable – please select an alternative time.
- Every child needs a ticket and each ticket allows one adult to accompany them. A one to one ratio is not required if you have multiple children.
- A maximum of 2 additional adult tickets can be purchased per transaction at £5 each.
- Ideal for pre-schoolers are our off-peak tickets, which are available on Wednesday 5th and Wednesday 12th December from 10am to 1pm.
- Off-peak tickets are also suitable for children who require a quieter experience or additional care. Please contact our grotto team on email@example.com if we can assist you in any way.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the Grotto experience.
- Please note that you can bring an under one-year-old with your older children free of charge, but they will not receive any gifts or take part in the experience.
- If you are bringing just an under one-year-old then a grotto ticket (1 adult and 1 child) will be required but a gift and full experience will be received.