Did you know that here at Bedruthan Hotel & Spa we’re committed to being as sustainable as possible?
Our ‘Cherish Our World’ ethos is not simply something that we feel is right, it has become part of our way of life and way of work. Our aim is to create memorable holidays, experiences and escapes that don’t cost the earth and we have dared to be different in our approach.
It is really important to us to help protect our beautiful coastal setting by reducing the negative impacts our actions have on the environment and our local community.
Here are some things that you might not know:
- We purchase our electricity through Good Energy, which comes from 100% renewable sources within the UK.
- We recycle used guest soap bars and use them for our laundry soap.
- We don’t use tablecloths in either of our restaurants meaning we use less water and energy for our laundry.
- We have a Buy Local Policy and source our consumables from local suppliers.
- We recycle wherever possible – even our mattresses and cooking oil – and our waste management system enables us to send as little waste to landfill as possible.
- We aim to reduce our carbon footprint year-on-year.
- We are proud to be Business Members of Cornwall Wildlife Trust, Cornwall’s leading local wildlife charity.
- We donated over £3,000 worth of goods and services for local fundraising events in 2016.
To promote the ways in which we are a sustainable business we are going to be introducing the hashtag #sustainablesundays. Feel free to use this to join in the conversation and share your own examples.
To see some more ways that we live up to our Sustainability Policy, take a look on our Sustainability page: https://www.bedruthan.com/sustainability/
Our sister hotel, the Scarlet, also has a page on sustainability: https://www.scarlethotel.co.uk/sustainability/