This Easter why not add a personal touch to your gifts, as well as create something sustainable? We decided to make a sustainable Easter treat jar that you can make for your friends and family.
This is what you will need:
- A jar – We picked a jar as it can be washed out and reused.
- Chocolate eggs – We picked chocolate eggs that didn’t have foil on every individual egg and had minimal/recyclable packaging.
- A chocolate bunny or chocolate bunny lollipop – We picked a chocolate bunny lollipop without foil and minimal/recyclable packing. But an ordinary chocolate bunny also works well.
- Shredded paper or tissue paper – We put left over tissue paper in the jar, but shredded paper can work equally as well. Both can be composted, reused or recycled.
- Ribbon – We added a left over ribbon, which can be kept on the jar or reused.
Here’s what you will need to do:
1.) Get your jar, remove the lid and clean it out.
2.) Either add the shredded paper or cut up the tissue paper and push it to the bottom of the jar.
3.) Put your chocolate bunny into the jar. Depending the size of your jar you may want to cut the handle of the lollipop.
4.) Add your chocolate Easter eggs around the bunny.
5.) Put the lid back on your jar.
6.) Add your ribbon just under the lid of the jar and tie in a little bow.
7.) Then give it to someone special for Easter!
Let your creativity run wild and try making a variety of different jars. You could paint or draw on them, add some Easter stickers or add a ‘Happy Easter’ label or even add a cuddly toy or a big wooden/chocolate egg inside!
If you want to see a video about the Easter treat jar that we made, head over to our YouTube channel.