Easter is just around the corner and we’ve been inspired to get crafty. We have put together a creative activity to encourage people to reuse paper and card to make a beautiful craft to place in a card or frame.
You will need:
- Egg template
- Glue or double sided tape
- A craft knife or scissors (an adult will need to help with these steps)
- Scrap card or paper
- A frame or a card to display your egg art in
- Start by printing out two copies of an egg template making sure that they will fit your card or frame you are putting your art into. Egg templates can easily be found online.
- Then cut out an assortment of paper or card into strips.
- Make enough stripes to fill the whole of the egg template. Rearrange how you like until you are pleased with how it looks.
- Once you are 100% happy start to glue or stick the strips down on the egg.
- Take your other egg template and cut out the egg shape with a craft knife or scissors to create an egg frame.
- Glue or stick the egg frame over the other template with the strips of paper on it.
- You did it! Your Easter egg art is complete!
Depending on what size you have gone for you can place your egg art in a pretty frame or stick onto a card. It’s the perfect gift to give to someone this Easter!
Be sure to share your beautiful egg art with us on social media using #bedruthanhotel.
If you would prefer to watch a video tutorial instead, we’ve got one here for you:
Last year we created a special and yummy Easter treat jar. Learn how to make your own by reading our blog post here or watching our video tutorial below: