• 150g plain flour, sifted
• 200g jumbo oats
• 125g unsalted butter, cubed
• 50g light soft brown sugar
• 50g caster sugar
• 50g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
• 1 large cooking apple, such as bramley, peeled and roughly chopped
• 400g blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 3. In a large bowl, rub together the flour, oats and butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Be careful not to overwork the mixture. Mix in the caster sugar and hazelnuts.
2. In an oven proof dish, mix together the apple chunks, blackberries and brown sugar, and then spread the crumble mixture on top.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden.
Serve with vanilla ice-cream and you’ll be very popular.