We strive to make Bedruthan as accessible as possible to everyone.
Bedruthan is built into the side of a steep cliff face and while our main three floors are accessible by a lift, there are still areas we are not able to make totally accessible to wheelchair users. These include the swimming pools, the Lower restaurant and the villas. Our team is really happy to help find ways to overcome the difficulty of our sloping site. Please call us so we can talk to you about your individual requirements.
The hotel has a wheelchair, several all-terrain children's buggies and toddler back packs in-house to help you explore without needing to use a car.
We have a specially designed cloakroom on the ground floor of the hotel and our purpose-built events venue is accessible from the main car park and is suitable for wheelchair users.
Our Pool Suite is fully equipped for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility and has a stunning sea view and three bedrooms. This is located on the ground floor of the hotel with easy access to the reception, dining and public areas.
Bedruthan welcomes guide dogs. If your dog needs at comfort break on arriving at Bedruthan, the nearest dog bin is on the path to the zip wire to the right of the hotel.
In order to read the website in a larger text just select the view option in your internet browser and choose the text size you require to read the site. We have designed the site so that everything will be formatted correctly whatever size of text you use.
If you would like more information about accessibility for all at Bedruthan please call 01637 860860.
Bedruthan Steps Hotel – Access Action Statement
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa is committed to a philosophy of sustainability, generosity and inclusion, a philosophy that extends to all visitors to the hotel and to the employment opportunities for existing and future staff.
We take time to understand each individual guest's needs and expectations, matching them to the right room, anticipating what will make a difference to their stay and discussing their requirements before arrival.
We recognise cultural diversity and individual beliefs, and staff will actively pursue and develop policies and attitudes to promote equality.
The company addresses the physical accessibility of the building, the facilities offered, and the management practices accordingly in the running of a successful and sustainable hotel.
Access is important, for disabled people, for families with young children, pregnant women and those with special diets. We aim to offer proactive solutions to potential barriers, both physical and psychological.
An Introduction to the Hotel
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa is a family-friendly hotel offering 101 bedrooms, villas and apartment suits, associated lunch and dinner restaurants, a bar, children’s activity clubs and spa facilities. The hotel also offers a self-contained conference and events venue.
The site has some extreme challenges in its location and topography. Access to the hotel is via the main Newquay to Padstow road and a tarmac drive way to the car parks at the front of the property.
Bedruthan is located on a steep site, perched on the edge of a cliff, which provides stunning views across Mawgan Porth beach and the Atlantic Ocean. The design of the hotel maximises the advantage of the location, with all public areas and the majority of rooms orientated to ensure a sea view.
The rooms are generous in terms of space allocation, width of doorways and facilities, which all increases the overall accessibility.
Our website provides information about access and has a large print and audio option
You can contact the hotel by phone, email, fax or in person.
For more information, and for assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team (between 8am and 9pm) on +44 (0) 1637 860555.
With sustainability at the heart of the hotel’s ethos, guests and staff are encouraged to arrive on foot, by bike or on public transport, and we provide monetary incentives for the use of such methods.
Bedruthan is situated on the North Cornwall coast 10 minutes north (by car) of Newquay, and 20 minutes south (by car) of Padstow.
Guests can find us using a variety of methods:-
The hotel is situated on the Cornish Coast Path, and walkers are welcomed. To ensure the most can be made from their stay we provide the following for those arriving by foot:
- Space to dry outdoor clothing and footwear (including water for rinsing and swilling).
- Packed breakfasts and lunches, including flask top ups
- A library stocked with a variety of books, maps and information pamphlets containing details of local walking routes, attractions and events.
- Up-to-date weather forecasts, public transport links and details for our local coastal rescue and coastguard teams.
The hotel is situated near many popular bike routes and trails, and cyclists are welcomed. To ensure the most can be made from their stay we provide the following for those arriving by bike:
- A secure, under cover bike storage area
- A space for you to dry outdoor clothing and footwear (including water for rinsing and swilling).
- An emergency bike repair kit
- Packed breakfasts and lunches, including flask top ups
- A library stocked with a variety of books, maps and information pamphlets containing details of local cycling routes, attractions and events.
- Information about our nearest cycle hire outlets and cycle repair/spares shops
- Up-to-date weather forecasts, public transport links and our local coastal rescue and coastguard teams.
The nearest railway station is on a branch line situated in Newquay with 2 services per day. Bodmin Parkway is an alternative mainline station, approximately 30 minutes drive from the hotel, and taxi collection can be arranged.
A bus service is available from Newquay railway and bus stations in the town centre. There is a 5 minute walk from the bus stop to the hotel, parts of which are quite steep.
The hotel is a short, simple drive from the A30.
The postcode for the hotel is TR8 4BU however, as this has taken some guests to the back of the hotel, we suggest that you try using TR8 4BX to bring you directly to the hotel car park at the front.
Newquay International Airport is situated approx. 2 miles north of the hotel and offers 16 different destinations from/to the UK, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland and Spain with 7 different airlines. Taxi collection can be arranged.
We work in connection with a local bio fuelled transport service, which can provide wheelchair accessible cars.
Biotravel Taxis & Minibuses: +44 (0)1637 860 006 / www.biotravel.co.uk
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
The opportunity created by pre booking at the hotel assists staff in identifying and responding to individual requirements in terms of access provisions requested by guests during their arrival and stay on site.
- On-site parking is available for any guest who does decide to arrive by car. There are several parking spaces designated for disabled guests close to the main entrance. Pleawse let us know at the time of booking if you would like a space reserved.
- There is space for set down and pick up outside the main entrance (this area is denoted by cross hatching painted onto the tarmac); cars must not be left unattended. If you require assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance we have porters and night supervisors available 24/7.
- All hotel guests should use the main entrance to the hotel located through the main car park. There is level access to the hotel and the ground is a mixture of pavement and tarmac. The main entrance has automatic doors.
- Conference and events guests are welcome to use the dedicated venue entrance, also located through the main car park. There is level access to the venue and the ground is a mixture of pavement and tarmac. The venue entrance has automatic doors.
- Spa guests who find walking and / or stairs more difficult or who use a wheelchair can access the Bedruthan Spa from a level entrance. This entrance is accessed through the rear gate, located on Tredragon Road. There is a dedicated parking space available in close proximity to a shallow ramp which leads directly to a wide framed door into the spa area.
- Guest are provided with useful information upon check-in and can also be accompanied to their rooms by a hotel porter and introduced to the facilities explaining how they are operated, and any sustainable features. This allows for specific information to be imparted relevant to the individual requirements of the guests.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are 12 shallow depth steps leading down from the main entrance to the reception area, however there is also a lift situated to the left of the stairs.
- There is a dedicated reception desk where guests are greeted by a member of the team.
- The reception area has seating.
- Registration can be completed at the reception desk, although clipboards are available if guests need or would prefer to be seated.
- A personal receptionist will be on hand at all times to guide guests through registration.
- On check in, staff will brief guests on our evacuation policy.
- The registration information can be enlarged if required.
- There is level access to one dedicated fully accessible bedroom down a corridor from reception.
- From reception there is also level access to the main restaurant, adult lounges, bar and children’s activity clubs
- The lift provides access to two further floors of bedrooms.
- The floor surface in the main entrance is slate tiles, which can be slippery when wet.
- The floor surface in reception is a combination of carpet and brick tiles.
- Guests can be escorted to their rooms on arrival, given a tour of the facilities and instructions on how to operate the phone, lighting, heating and doors. This information is also available in guest room folders.
Public Areas- General (Internal)
- The lift has a full height operating console, edge trim contrasting to walls, with illuminated pushes which illuminate red when selected. Tactile (raised legend) pushes. Emergency lighting. Digital lift car position and ‘direction of travel’ indicator. Voice annunciator and full height door detector. The floor is polished tile and there is a mirror on the back wall.
- The lift provides access to the main public areas and 2 floors of bedrooms. However, children’s teas, Cafe Indigo, the gym, and Bedruthan Spa are only accessible, internally, by a number of stairs.
- Spa guests who find walking and / or stairs more difficult or who use a wheelchair can access the Spa from a level entrance. This entrance is accessed through the rear gate, located on Tredragon Road. There is a dedicated parking space available in close to a shallow ramp that leads directly to a wide framed door into the spa area.
- Guests who find walking and / or stairs more difficult or who require a wheelchair can also access The Herring via an external route, which includes a section of steep tarmac and a level section of grass, entering The Herring through large sliding doors. There are no accessible toilet facilities on this level.
- All corridors are at least 1.4m wide increasing to 1.8m wide in some areas. There are no internal steps or ramped areas in the main public area corridors.
Large glass doors improve visibility and access for mobility aids
Stairways in the hotel are a mixture of timber, tiles and carpet.
Public Areas - WC
- There are a set of public toilets adjacent to reception.
- There is a unisex accessible toilet with baby changing facilities.
- A bi-fold door enables ease of access.
- Emergency Alarm pull cord.
- Flashing light when the fire alarm sounds.
- 150x160 cm free space free of obstacles and doors.
- A good transfer space to the left of the toilet.
- The floor is tiled.
- There is a horizontal rail on the side opposite transfer from the toilet and a drop down rail on the other side.
- The taps and lights are operated via a sensor.
- There is a slight colour contrast with critical surfaces, tiles are dark cream coloured and sanitary ware is white.
- There is a fold away baby change facility.
- We have a dedicated fully accessible room and many rooms that suit families with babies and young children
- The hotel has a total of 101 bedrooms (single, double and family sized), villas and apartment suites.
- The dedicated disabled access bedroom (Room 500 – The Pool Suite) on the main public areas level of the hotel.
- − The suite comprises 1 twin room, 1 bunk bed room and a double room with sofa seating area.
- − There is an accessible outside patio area with sea views.
- − The bathroom is oversized, has a level entry shower with a drop down seat and hand rails. The toilets have rails on both sides one is drop down. Toilet seat raiser can be organised with advance notice. There is a low level hand basin. The bathroom also provides additional seating for changing and resting.
- − Each bedroom and the bathroom have emergency pull cords.
- − Flooring in the bedroom area is carpet
- − Flooring in the bathroom area is marble and can be slippery; non-slip mats are available on request.
- − In the event of the fire alarm sounding, there is a flashing light and in the event of an evacuation there is a direct route from the bedroom (through the patio doors and a gate onto the tennis courts and through to the car park) to the fire assembly point.
- The furniture is flexible in the rooms and items can be moved or removed if requested.
- Cots, potties, child toilet steps, high chairs, non-slip mats, additional bedding, portable heaters and fans are all available.
- Room service is available 24 hours.
- All rooms are non smoking.
- Given the highly serviced nature of the hotel and the ability for guests to pre-book detailing specific special needs or requirements, this allows for additional facilities to be tailored to individual requirements to be incorporated into the room for the duration of the stay.
Restaurant, Bar & Lounges
- Bar service is offered as table service to all areas of the hotel and our team are on hand at all times to take orders and deliver drinks.
- Guests using wheelchairs can access the bar area and terrace, ball room lounge, adults lounge and The Space to relax with a drink before or after dinner.
- The bar area lounge has a level polished tile floor
- The bar terrace is part of our grass roof initiative
- The ball room lounge, adults lounge and The Space are carpeted.
- Large format drinks menus are available and our team are on hand to make personal recommendations.
- All areas benefit from an abundance of natural light with (large windows taking in the view over the North Cornish coastline and Atlantic Ocean) the exception is The Space, which is an internal room offering a poker table, pool table, TV and various books and magazines.
- At night some areas have low level lighting whilst others are brighter.
- The Wild Café, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, is located on the main public area level, and is accessible by lift from the hotel’s main front entrance level.
- There is a host desk on entry to the Restaurant where you will be greeted and taken to your table.
- For our Cracking Cornish Breakfast there are buffet options as well as items ordered as table service.
- Lunch and evening service in the cafe are table service only
- Menus are available in large print on request and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for your meal.
- Lighting is mainly natural during the day as one whole wall of the restaurant is glazed with views over Atlantic Ocean. At night the lighting is low level with candles.
- The Herring Restaurant is only accessible via stairs.
− Guests who find walking and /or stairs more difficult or who use a wheelchair can access The Herring via an external route, which includes a section of steep tarmac and a level section of grass, entering the restaurant through large sliding doors. There are no accessible toilet facilities on this level.
− Lighting is mainly natural during the day as one whole wall of the restaurant is glazed with views over the hotel’s grass roofs to the Atlantic Ocean. At night the lighting is low level with candles.
− High chairs, baby chairs and child friendly cutlery, crockery and cups are available for all meals in all areas.
- There are many suitable areas for leaving pushchairs while enjoying meals or drinks, and the Ballroom lounge and Cafe Indigo have children’s play areas to occupy and entertain younger guests while adults finish meals.
- All meals and drinks can be ordered as room service.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs (please advise on booking). We can also vary any dishes on the menu to suit as all food is cooked to order. Our chefs can be available to meet guests on arrival (where requested or advised) to discuss particular needs or requirements.
- We have two guest laundry areas available between 8am and 8pm. Laundry detergent and change for operating washing machines and tumble driers is available from reception.
- We have a guest laundry service, laundry bags are in the wardrobe of each room and / or available from housekeeping / reception – all laundry bags received by 10.30 am will be returned by 6pm.
The shop, accessible to all on the main public area of the hotel, sells a huge variety of products (the majority of which are local to Cornwall). Products include toiletries as well as gifts, souvenirs and clothing.
Leisure Facilities and Spa
- There is an indoor swimming pool available to all guests. The pool has a graduating depth of 1.2m to 1.9m and there is a shallow toddler’s splash pool. The indoor pool remains at a constant temperature of between 29 and 30 degrees.
- There are two outside pools (the larger with a graduating depth of 1.2m to 2.2m and the smaller with a graduating depth of 0.5m to 1.2m) the smaller pool also has a shallow toddler’s splash pool. The outdoor pools are only open during warmer months and the temperatures fluctuate depending on the solar efficiency of our solar panels. The outdoor pools are not easily accessible to wheelchair users as there are several outdoor steps to negotiate.
- The indoor and outdoor pools are not covered by a life guard.
- The indoor and outdoor pools are not serviced by a mechanical lifting system, although manual help can be provided by our team.
The Spa offers a steam room, sauna, caldarium and large hydro pool. This area is only available to guests aged 16 or over. The hydro pool has low steps (with a handrail). The indoor spa and pool facilities include several roomy changing cubicles and a large unisex changing room with shower and toilet that can accommodate a wheelchair user, a support person or family groups.
- The fully equipped gym is only accessible via stairs. It offers unisex toilet facilities and there is a resident fitness instructor available for private tuition on request.
- There are two accessible tennis courts, one of which is directly accessible from the dedicated full access bedroom.
Children’s Activity Clubs
- Children’s activities are run with an ethos of inclusion and enjoyment for all.
- Staff in our OFSTED inspected children’s clubs are trained to care for children with a variety of special needs and impairments.
- We have good links with a local agency that can provide qualified disabled child care specialists to provide one-on-one care where and when needed (this may incur additional costs at certain times of the year).
- The access corridor to two of the play areas is relatively narrow; however there is access available via the car park and patio play area (or direct from the dedicated disability bedroom), to the rear of the clubs.
- Toys and play equipment are made available to all children.
- Dedicated children’s toilets are available, with ease of access for children who use a wheelchair.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs (please advise on booking).
- If guests have any concerns or questions they can speak to one of the children’s activity club managers by calling 0044 (0) 1637 861210 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- There is a dedicated multi-functional conference and events venue that can be accessed either via a set of stairs from the main hotel or via the dedicated venue entrance, which is accessed through the main car park. There is level access to the venue and the ground is a mixture of pavement and tarmac. The venue entrance has automatic doors.
- The venue is on one level with no need for stairs or ramps
- Hearing loops are available in all areas.
- Lighting is even and predominantly natural, but electric lighting can be dimmed by individual conference organisers by section.
- Heating is even, but can be altered by individual conference organisers by section.
- There are toilets available in the venue entrance area, including an accessible toilet to the same specification as the public toilets listed above.
- A dedicated events team member can remain on hand through the duration of any conference or event to provide assistance.
- Guests and conference organisers are advised to notify our events team in advance of any additional services required e.g. interpreters, palantypist, specific seating or staging; we do try to accommodate everyone’s needs where possible.
- Food for events such as parties or weddings is usually served in the venue. However, most day conferences and meetings take lunch in the main hotel restaurant. For those who find walking and / or stairs more difficult or who require a wheelchair access to the main hotel restaurant is via the car park, main hotel entrance and a lift (assistance can be provided).
- We are able to cater for varying dietary needs (please advise on booking). We can also vary any dishes on the menu to suit as all food is cooked to order. Our chefs can be available to meet with guests on arrival (where requested or advised) to discuss any particular needs or requirements.
- If guests have any questions concerning an event please contact a member of the events team on 0044 (0) 1637 861227 or email@example.com
- If guests require any assistance during their stay reception is easily contactable in person or on the phone by dialling ‘0’ from any internal phone. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception.
- We have a set evacuation procedures that will be explained to you on arrival. For basic information- the alarm is an intermittent siren. For wheelchair users or guest who require assistance with mobility, please be advised that during the day a team member will come to your room to assist with your evacuation. However, at night you are advised to remain in your room and our night supervisors will instruct the fire brigade on arrival to assist with your evacuation.
- There is a mobile deaf alerter available to those guests with hearing impairments.
- We have a list of local equipment hirers and links with a medical loan service (available on request), and hire can be organised via one of our trained reservation specialists.
- Due to the location of the hotel we have little or no mobile phone coverage and guests are advised to give the hotel number to friends and relatives who may need to contact them. 0044 (0) 1637 860555.
- We have a number of staff who speak additional languages: French, German, Spanish, Polish, Czech and Arabic to assist guests in translating information.
- Baby carriers and all terrain push chairs are available to assist families in enjoying the local area on foot.
We plan to have a hoist installed into our swimming pool
We are increasing the number of parking spaces available to disabled users.
We continually assess the accessibility of our website (i.e. colour contrasting, read facility and increasing the usability for all).
Address: Bedruthan Hotel & Spa, Trenance, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall, TR8 4BU
Telephone (Main Line): +44 (0) 1637 860555
Fax: +44 (0) 1637 860714
Hours of operation: Reservations is open 8am-9pm and Porter Service is available 24/7
Local public transport:
Trains - First Great Western: 08457 000 125
Train - Assisted travel: 0800 197 1329
Bus - Western Greyhound: 01637 871871
Air - Newquay Airport: 01637 860600
Taxi - Biotravel : 01637 860006
British Red Cross - Medical loan service: 01872 267953
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve - if you have any comments please phone +44 (0)1637 860555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org